Description: The Manager, Life Sciences Sales Development Rep role is responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and managing a growing team of Life Sciences Sales Development Reps. The successful person will guide the Sales Development Rep team to deliver on a defined set of Management Business Objectives and indirect POS goals. This professional will work cross-functionally to provide the Sales Development Reps with resources needed to achieve these goals. Additionally, this individual will create internal best practices that can be used to accelerate future SDR onboarding and provide efficiencies to all aspects of the SDR role. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years of Sales experience in a Business to Business capacity and demonstrated leadership within current or prior roles.
Accountabilities1. Collaborate with Sales Manager to develop and create annual commission plans, key performance objectives and professional development plans for Sales Development Representatives.
2. Perform weekly one on ones with direct reports, providing direct coaching and review of performance against monthly and annual performance quotas.
3. Accurately and consistently report progress of defined management business objectives and indirect POS attainment against monthly and annual revenue quota goals via forecast/pipeline and sales activity reports to and meetings with Sales management.
4. Develop, create and utilize a documented sales training plan for Sales Development Team, utilizing current sales team methodology and defined best practices.
5. Utilizes and drives team adoption on all required processes, tools, systems, sales metrics and reporting tools.
6. Provide ongoing sales methodology training and rep development.
7. Provides sales and business leadership with insights on team and industry trends and recommended strategy.
8. Approximately 15% overnight travel to client meetings, sales meetings, training programs, trade shows, and company home office etc.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ideal candidates will at least 3 years of business experience and have knowledge of the respective market and the sales process.
3. Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet Explorer
4. Working knowledge of CRM type programs (i.e. Net Suite, Siebel, SalesForce etc.).
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills required.
6. Strong collaboration and team skills required.
7. Ability to build strong relationships with others to establish a network of relationships with individuals who can provide information, help or access to others.
8. Politically savvy to understand and manage the matrix relationships in the Reed Tech and organization and relationships in other organizations. Includes the ability to identify the real decision makers and key influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
9. Demonstrated drive to successfully sell and win business.
10. Commits significant time and resources to address opportunities for Reed Tech to increase its footprint in prospect organizations.
11. May require local and overnight business travel.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.877.734.1938.