Job ID: JR0153953
Job Category: Facilities and Site Services
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Site Construction ManagerJob Description
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) who builds the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe! The future is what we build! Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site ranging from $1B to $5B annual spends with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A&E firms, and key trade companies in the semiconductor construction industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to base build, tool install, and site infrastructure projects. We are looking for world-class talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you! Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team, the Site Construction Manager in Arizona is responsible for leading an organization of matrix employees managing capital projects on site in any given year of $1B+ with a contractor workforce up to several thousand contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A&E firms, prime trade companies, and support service contractors.
The position reports to the Director of Construction and in this role, the person will be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and management of the project team which includes supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope, schedule performance, budget monitoring, and controls for Intel construction projects without impact to factory operations. This role is expected to make breakthroughs in our construction capability through sourcing and developing contractor companies and making significant changes in integrated construction solutions and major changes in our cost of construction.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partner successfully with key stakeholders including factory staff, sustaining operations, FCE Management, global supply change management, central design, site construction, and suppliers to:
- Manage day to day construction operations to ensure a safe work environment.
- Translate business and technical requirements into high-quality designs that enable biddable, affordable, and constructible solutions.
- Develop world-class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage a wide spectrum of construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new Fab modules, Fab conversions, and special building projects as we grow the business.
- The owner for site logistics, labor development, labor forecasting and coordination amongst the CMs, multi-prime trades, GC/DB, and other suppliers, demonstrating the ability to mentor and influence the behavior of others across projects, site, and company boundaries.
- Has the capability of presenting and defending trade labor forecasts during presentations to Director of Construction, trade leads, and unions, with a high degree of knowledge of the project scope, constraints, schedules, and inter-project coordination.
- Owns site-wide indirect planning, tracking & support for the site management team; Developing forecasts, driving monthly reviews, and execution to forecast and budget.
- The Site CM is part of the EOC(emergency response) process and response team.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions by leveraging industry insights into Intel's multidimensional challenges.
- Ensure sustainability, LEED Certification, and other enabling capabilities are adopted to deliver innovative breakthroughs.
- Help transform into an organization that is lean, efficient, and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service, and making FCE the best place to work in Intel.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Drive decision making and enable work to flow in the field uninterrupted.
- Partner and influence in a high matrix environment.
- Manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Manage discussions with executive management and explain recommendations in detail.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, or a closely related field with 6+ years of experience or a Master's degree with 4+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience in the semiconductor or high tech industry as the project manager, design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Knowledge and expertise in semiconductor construction; expertise in earned value and productivity;
- Construction contracts knowledge related to lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, design/build, and unit rate delivery methods.
- Experience in large scale projects and program management in a fast-paced environment.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US