DO WORK THAT MATTERSAt Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Organizational Management Change Lead within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located in Abbott Park.
- The OCM Lead will play a key role in ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organization structures.
- The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees.
- Works with business and IT management to establish project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with department, management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution
- Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget
- Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Department and Division management
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Develop change management strategies and detailed change management plans for the change initiative
- Prepare the project change management team, including customer leadership, for their roles in execution of the change management plans
- Coach business unit / customer leaders in change management principles and their practical application in a project context
- Continually assess progression of change readiness by stakeholder groups and refine or supplement the change management plans as required
- Evaluate the effectiveness of change management strategies and tactics used to promote adoption
- Conduct ongoing risk/impact assessments and provide support throughout the project to determine potential challenges/barriers and identify corresponding risk mitigation strategies
- Coordinate change management activities at implementation to ensure that all planned activities are carried out smoothly
- Work closely with the role responsible for benefits realization management to monitor adoption and conduct investigations into unsatisfactory outcomes
- Support communication efforts: Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Assess the change impact: Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Support training efforts: Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in IT organizational change management program design and implementation
- 5+ years of experience in IT project management and resource management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft communication tools (Yammer, Teams, SharePoint)
- Working experience of Microsoft PowerBI
- Certification in Change Management (Prosci or Kubler Ross)
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes and gain team member and stakeholder buy in
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Proficient in the use of Project Management Tools for planning, scheduling, task estimation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs, Expert in PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project
- Project Manager certification strongly preferred
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.