Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX currently has an opportunity for Program Manager, Engineering Operations
WHAT YOU’LL DOManage a portfolio of projects of diverse complexity. Assure that projects will effectively integrate with existing programs and strategies so that long and short-term business goals are attained.
Expedite, manage, and coordinate a multitude of interrelated activities. Complies with quality system.
- Coordinate input from multiple areas or multiple project managers on related projects.
- Develop project specifications and objectives, strategies, timelines and milestones/design and development plan. Utilize project scheduling software to plan and track projects.
- Identify resource requirements, cost, and time schedules. Develop an implementation plan, conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans to accommodate unforeseen events.
- Lead cross-functional teams through project planning exercises to develop detailed schedules and integrated project plans.
- Define the nature of the stated business or technical problem.
- Develop alternatives to major business problems. Assist management in selecting the specific action plans that will best meet the identified long-term business issues.
- Anticipate long-term future problems, resolve current issues, learn and adjust based on prior results and prior project leadership experience.
- Assure that projects will effectively integrate with existing programs and strategies so that long and short term business goals are attained.
- Recognize the broader implications of actions and proposals on the final project outcome, related systems and activities, and general business strategy.
- Prepare and present project progress reports to keep management and team informed. Identify problems, their resolution, trends, and their impact on project success; propose recommendations for management action.
- Analyze date for true causes of problems.
- Accountability/Required Supervision
- Negotiate project outcomes and deliverables to meet the conflicting demands of time, money and deadlines.
- Maintain project expenses within budget.
- Drive cross-functional teams to meet milestones and deliverables established in project planning and agreed upon with senior leadership.
- May function as the project contact with third party vendors.
- Provide leadership on strategic business issues.
- Accountable for the total project scope; completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date.
- Accountable for the successful completion of project tasks under direct or matrix control.
- Level loads work to ensure effective use of available resources.
- Leadership Activities
- Solicit the cooperation of a diverse group of disciplines and functions in a tactful and persuasive manner.
- Lead others in the completion of project tasks.
- Manage a cross-functional team which may consist of senior level individual contributors.
- Manage the decision-making process.
- Is the final decision-maker for conflicts when in context of agreed upon project plan.
- Creates a work environment that supports team effectiveness. Provides feedback to team members on performance.
- Level of interpersonal skills
- Interact with senior level management to reach agreement regarding significant program strategies.
- Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, and project staff and internal/ external experts as required.
- Prepare and presents written and oral reports and other presentations to internal and external audiences. Adjusts presentation style and content to suit the audience.
- Negotiate resources, both human and financial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRINGMinimum Education
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM disciplines
- 10 years of experience in successfully leading several high complexity projects from beginning to end
- Demonstrated technical skills and management judgment appropriate to the project
- Demonstrated expertise in PM tools and processes
- MS in Engineering, strongly desired; PMP Certification, strongly desired
- Minimum 10 years of Project management experience in medical device industry or other FDA or heavily regulated industry
- Experience in managing cross discipline teams (clinical, regulatory, operations, R&D)
- MBA preferred
WHAT WE OFFERAt Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial securitythrough competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savingswith a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.