Job ID: JR0143324
Job Category: Facilities and Site Services
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Tool Install Project ManagerJob Description
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) who builds the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe! The future is what we build. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A&E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, Tool Install, new factories and site infrastructure.
We are looking for world class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you! Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business
As a key member of the project execution team, the Tool Install Project Manager in Oregon is responsible for: leading functional area teams of matrix employees to complete multiple small to large capital/expense projects on site in any given year. This includes a contractor workforce ranging up to hundreds of contingent workers encompassing outsourced construction management support, Architecture & Engineering (A&E) firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor construction industry.
The position reports to the Oregon Tool Install Manager and, in this role, the person will be accountable for all aspects of the leadership and management of the project team. Responsibilities include supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope definition, schedule performance and budget monitoring and control. Thorough planning and execution management is critical to eliminate safety incidents and impacts to factory operations.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple projects at a time across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing solutions.
- Partner and collaborate successfully with key stakeholders including Logic/Portland Technology Development staff, facility owners, global supply management, central design, site construction and suppliers to:
- Manage day to day Functional Area Tool Install construction operations using lean principles to ensure a safe and quality work environment without interruptions to factory operations.
- Translate business and technical requirements into high quality project designs that enable affordable and constructible solutions.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage Construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new Fab modules, Fab conversions, Tool Installations and special building projects.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions through leveraging industry insights.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service and making Fab Construction Enterprise the best place to work in Intel
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to manage discussions with executive management, drilling down to details and managing efforts "hands on" if the need arises.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
At a bachelor's level a minimum of 4 years of experience or at a Master's level a minimum of 3 years of experience in:
- Project/Construction Management, Engineering, Tool Owner or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Knowledge and expertise of the installation of process tool equipment is strongly desirable.
- Medium/large scale projects and program management.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US