Job DescriptionThe Financial Service Representative (FSR) I is an Insurance licensed employee, providing Customers with additional products and services and acting as wealth referral champion for the Store. The Financial Services Representative (FSR) I is required to obtain and maintain active Life and Health license in the state in which they reside.
The Financial Service Representative (FSR) I is the Sales Leader in their Store and is the primary contact and resource for a multitude of products and services, with primary focus on basic investment needs of Customers. FSRs need to provide consistent exemplary Customer Service through selling and cross-selling a wide range of investment products, banking products, and services to new and existing Customers. FSRs need to show exceptional relationship building skills as well as have an aptitude for identifying needs and presenting appropriate solutions for those needs. Good verbal and communication skills needed. Success in this position is an excellent career path within the TD Bank structure.
- Consistently executes appropriate behaviors to deliver a Legendary Customer experience in the Store
- Conducts needs-based conversations and offers financial solutions to meet our Customers’ needs
- Makes quality referrals to appropriate partners
- Responsible for meeting individual performance metrics
- Responsible for making sound decisions and timely problem resolution
- Proactively reaches out to Customers to deepen relationships through needs-based conversations
- Prepares for Life and Health Licensing exams through proactive engagement in the education process and successful achievement of licensing requirements within the first 90 days
- Meets with customers and prospects to develop understanding of other financial objectives and needs. Assesses customer information and suggests appropriate product and service solutions. Sells customers on value and benefits of suggested alternatives and closes sales
- Maintains strong product and sales knowledge and champions core service values. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff
- Contributes to the ongoing improvement of the Customer Experience by leading, coaching and modeling quality service at every Customer interaction
- HS Diploma or GED required, 2-year degree preferred
- 1+ years of related experience required
- Life and Health Insurance required within 90 days of employment
- Sales skills with the ability to influence Customers
- Excellent Customer Service and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Financial Services or sales experience helpful
- Developing knowledge of retail investment industry
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Ability to train less experienced team members
- Strong PC skills
- Notary License (Preferred)
- Ability to provide community services, including, but not limited to, Financial Education classes
InclusivenessAt TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.