Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA.
Overview: This posting is for a Group Leader for the Chemicals Process Improvement and Six Sigma Group in the Chemicals Development Division located in Longview, TX. The Group Leader will be responsible for managing a team of engineers focusing on process improvement and manufacturing support.
The Group Leader will have the following responsibilities:
1. Provide guidance and coaching for Process Improvement Group members.
- Coach and Develop Team Members.
- Work with individuals to identify and prioritize projects.
- Work with team members to resolve issues.
- Facilitate good interactions with Chemicals Manufacturing Division Management.
2. Partners with Manufacturing team to provide Technical Assistance, Process support and Project execution
- Ensure that team members are well trained and qualified to provide the needed support.
- Maintain core group competency that is aligned with Business and Manufacturing needs.
- Support team member growth and development.
3. Monitor / Assist with oversight of Process Improvment project work
- Develop and maintenance of process improvement project lists and ideation sessions.
- Arrange & support SWAT or other assistance for high value, quick-hit efforts.
- Assist with organizational effectiveness for completion of project work.
- Review and verify process improvement results.
4. Boundary Management
- Interact with Manufacturing and Business leaders to create opportunities for business success.
- Facilitate team member interactions with Engineering, Manufacturing and Business personnel.
5. Provide leadership at the site for special project assignments.
Job QualificationsCandidate should possess:
- BS or higher degree in Engineering or MS or higher degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience is required.
- Working knowledge of potential commercial issues and/or Intellectual Property & Trade Secrets is a plus.
- Ability to understand and guide work within the department.
- Ability to communicate the right level of detail to the right audience at the right time.
- Ability to prioritize work, make assignments, and ensure execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Internally motivated, especially as it relates to driving innovation with new technologies and meeting customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong problem solving background and demonstrated ability to teach problem solving methodology to peers and/or direct reports.
- Familiarity with statistical methodology and Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- General computer experience with Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with PI ProcessBook, MiniTab, JMP, and SAP desired.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.