As an EVI – Business Development Manager Africa- you will be in charge of developing the strategic roadmap to accelerate the EVI business in Africa, designing the distribution models, the Routes to Markets, assessing the performance of current distribution partners and scouting for potential new ones.
About the jobAs an EVI- Business Development Manager, you will be doing the following activities:
- Will be in charge of developing the strategic roadmap to accelerate the EVI business in Africa. Designing the distribution models, the Routes to Markets, assessing the performance of current distribution partners and scouting for potential new ones.
- will manage all the day to day management requirements of the business in Africa. Manage the KPI’s and Joint Business Plan using the scorecard with our Distributors, manage the forecasting and supply chain and key reporting, P&L’s etc. Meet with the distributor for business reviews and manage the overall commercial relationship up to the most Senior level of their organization.
- To build a strong link between Danone, our distributor and key customers in the Off Premise (Modern Trade),On Premise (Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes) and Ecommerce channels. The role would involve working at all levels, in the office, in the field and meeting at customers HQ with the distributor.
- Formulate and agree account objectives and strategies with your line manager
- Recommends the business ambitions, targets & key priorities of the area (integrating the Marketing plan developed by the Zone Marketing Manager) and obtain commitments from the distributor about these ambitions, targets and key strategies. Build a depth of understanding in all key channels and become a lead advisor to the team. Build and utilize existing best practices on all forms of execution. - Design a clear Joint Business Plan, set an ambition & support on the large account negotiations
- Cross functional interaction internally and externally with supply chain, finance and marketing functions. Full P&L responsibility; crucial management of forecasting, investment budgets, supply chain & internal business reporting. Regular reviews with line manager to keep abreast of key topics; implement the zone strategy.
- Achieves Net Revenue & Operating Profit growth targets (Profit & Losses responsible) of the geographical scope by managing/partnership with our network of distributors.
- Identifies opportunities/threats of the area and strengths/weaknesses of our distributor network.
- Monitors the business indicators: sales forecasts/estimate, reporting, P&L, supply (no out of stock), crisis management, account receivables.
- Responsible for delivering accurate forecast, collect sales figures from the distributors and provide quantitative and qualitative comments for the monthly report to the area manager.
- Ensures the execution of the action plan previously elaborated in collaboration with the distributors to maximize the 4 Ps on the point of sales.
- Monitor results vs. plan and make the adequate decisions/corrective actions accordingly
About youTo be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High impact leadership & strong drive; ability to challenge and stretch while building relationship
- Sensitivity of Multi-Cultural differences and similarities;
- Strong capabilities to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent business acumen & understanding;
- Very good anticipation capabilities & clear–cut decision making capabilities;
- Results-oriented and excellence-oriented in execution (Doer);
- Enthusiastic, positive & constructive spirit, dynamic
- Good relationships & networking skills (internal & external) up to the highest level of our distributors (CEO).
- Capacity to learn and adapt fast to new situations/environment;
- High Autonomy and able to work under supervision;
- Sales & negotiation: experienced in both channels ideally (retail & Modern Trade/HoReCa), managing clients’ performance;
- Marketing: Good knowledge of the Basics 4P's and trade Marketing levers;
- Finance Ability to manage Budget & investment; Able to read a P&L & ideally building it;
- Reporting: ability to monitor, analyze, be clear and summarize priorities
About usDanone’s mission is brining health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power of people have to impact the world through daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
What we offer?We believe everyone has talent, something which comes natural to you. Your uniqueness is something which brings both excellence as well as energizes you.
Don't hesitate to get to us for any inquiries #LI-EG