Reports to: Design by Terrain Supervisor and Shop Manager
Partners with: Anthropologie Home AssociatesObjective
Terrain is seeking enthusiastic sales and customer service focused individuals with the ability to build sales and problem solve through effective communication and product education. Customer Sales Associates should have knowledge of horticultural and home décor trends. The Customer Sales Associate should serve as a leader for the terrain team and cultivate our four promises at terrain: to welcome, to inspire, to inform and to appreciate our customer. Extensive plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential. A Terrain Customer Sales Associate must have a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends.
- Knowledge of core terrain customer
- 1+ year of experience in customer service and the garden or nursery business
- Bachelor’s degree, or working on degree, in horticulture or related field preferred
- Meets or exceeds sales, and shrink goals.
- Participates in the business plan and supports store strategies to impact results
- Ensures strong plant care that reduce damages and plant loss.
People and Development
- Promotes an environment of self-awareness and self- development
- Promotes an environment of collaboration, inspiration and teaching
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection
- Assist customers with plant identification, selection, site and cultural requirements, disease, and pest control.
- Product knowledge including soil amendments, soil types, and organic pest/disease control and garden tools are useful
- Demonstrates extraordinary service, leading by example on the sales floor
- Acts as a terrain brand ambassador reflective of the company values and aesthetic
- Supports process and utilizes tools to better service the customer
- Builds and maintains productive relationships
- Executes terrain company, region and store goals consistently and effectively
- Gains proficiency in strong decision-making skills
- Executes Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Plans from store team
Aesthetic Understanding and Application
- Apply the Terrain aesthetic to enhance the visual impact of our unique merchandise
- Work with team members across departments to create and maintain inspirational displays including diverse indoor plant material, staff kiosks, and display containers
- Has a strong understanding of Home & Garden style that is reflective of the terrain brand
- Contributes to presentation processes and upholds terrain presentation standards
- Supports product placement and plant design that is reflective of Home & Garden trend, reinforces brand messaging, and inspires the customer
- Participates in the sharing of inspiration and idea generation
- Contributes to dialogue around product and trend
- Adheres to Typical Day / Week Guidelines
- Maintains a visually compelling store that is neat, clean and organized
- Participates in the store’s execution of the terrain standard
- Upholds all Company Policy and Procedure
- Maintain plant material in designated zone (watering, pinching, pest control)
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications. You can learn more about Anthropologie and all URBN brands at http://www.urbn.com/
As an URBN employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees that includes medical, vision and dental coverage. All employees receive a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.