Senior Commercial Manager (Grocery) - Woolworths ExportCo
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible for leading and developing the Grocery export buying and OB product development strategy to deliver financial and nonfinancial objectives over a 3-5 year planning horizon. In this role, you will develop and execute the Category Strategy and contribute to the overarching Business Strategy for ExportCo in order to drive growth in new products, sales and margin within countries and customer channels.
Working closely with the broader ExportCo,commercial and OB FoodCo team, you will manage and build relationships with international and national commercial supplier bases. With ownership and accountability for product margin and performance, you will lead the overall short and long term strategic direction and plan - including sourcing, new initiatives, systems and processes in order to achieve ultimate retail experiences for our global customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Continuously leverage data & insights to drive continuous improvement and sustainable growth for both ExportCo and our supply partners
- Collaborate across Woolworths Supermarkets and the broader Woolworths Group to deliver against ExportCo goals & objectives and ensure the customers remain at the centre of everything we do
- Lead and Inspire teams by role modelling the Woolworths Group Values & Ways of Working
- Communicate and build team commitment to business strategies and create alignment, direction and role clarity
- Support the Development and implementation of the Customer Plan (Plan on Page)
- Development of commercial plan (cogs, shrink, pricing & promotions, own brand)
- Development and implementation of People Plan (succession, personal development, talent management, team engagement)
About YouAs a Senior Commercial Manager, your ability to lead and engage with industry leaders, as well as key suppliers in industry joint business partnerships and workshops, will be critical to your success in this role. Ideally you will possess a background in Commercial/Buying (Grocery, Dairy and/or Frozen Food) as well as proven experience in New Product Development, as well as a proven success in export sales and buying. In addition to this, you will have a proven experience across the following areas:
- Negotiation; Strategic thinking; Data analysis / insights; Business acumen
- Merchandise/buying experience managing a large volume portfolio with full P&L responsibility ($1 billion plus)
- Successfully led or sponsored a number of key transformational projects with the aim of simplifying the business, integrating new and improved ways of working
- Experienced at operating and navigating at all levels of an organisation
What can we offer you?The leaders within our Quality team are passionate about what they do for our customers. They're inspiring, nurturing and will give you the tools to be your best and to grow with us.
- Attractive remuneration package - including base salary, super and incentive scheme
- Added benefits - including staff discount, free secure parking, corporate healthcare options, fitness centre, onsite supermarket and a choice of cafes
- Training and education - we pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Joining the GroupAs an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
Woolworths Group is backed by some of Australia’s most recognisable retail businesses, there are always new opportunities on the horizon for all our team members, but most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re in.
Learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au.