The Design by Terrain Artisan is responsible for the highest level of customer service through expert knowledge and leadership for a particular category/ area within the DBT team. Design by Terrain Artisan should have the ability to create in store and off site designs that uphold the terrain aesthetic. They should be self-motivated and effective problem solvers with a good eye for design. Design by Terrain Artisan must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and holidays. This is an entry level position that does not require a strong background in plant design, but a great eye for art, style and the use of color to make great designs under the direction of the DBT leaders.
- Exceed customer expectations by providing superb customer service
- Build genuine, long lasting relationships with customers through thoughtful, personalized attention.
- Guide customers toward specific products that will meet their needs and their unique personal style.
- Maintain an active presence as an ambassador of terrain and our unique product.
- Ensure prompt follow up to customer questions and concerns.
- Communicate daily with managers, and associates across departments. Supports teamwork between departments.
- Great at time management, efficient worker.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, wire and glue guns
- Able to complete restocking tasks as needed.
- Uphold departmental & visual standards of product (I.E. product must be stocked, clean, properly signed, and retail ready.
- Horticultural & floral design experience preferred.
- Applied Arts background
- Understand the terrain aesthetic and work together with the DBT supervisor & Designers to ensure compelling merchandise displays and installations.
- Partner and communicate with the Nursery, Event and Operations team regarding the care and maintenance of plants displayed in the department.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workspace.
- Creative ability to contribute to the teams design ideas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products within area of specialty.
- Master specific product details (I.E. brand name, place of origin, history, materials, uses, ingredients, and unique characteristics) and translate this information to customers and other associates in a meaningful and interesting way.
- Have awareness of product trends that are relevant to terrain.
- Understanding of art, style, and the use of color to make beautiful designs.
BENEFITSAs an Anthropologie employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, vision and dental coverage. All employees receive a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more!
Sound like a good fit?If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications.
You can learn more about Anthropologie and all URBN brands at http://www.urbn.com/
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.