Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Responsible for the purchasing and supply management activities for all categories and sub categories. Drive "One Abbott Procurement" vision across divisions globally and influences synergies among divisions.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in both Corporate and Division organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services that meet expectations.
- Drive reduced total cost of ownership by optimizing Tier 2 and tier 3 supply chains.
- Leverage extensive market and supplier knowledge to drive lower TCO.
- Represent Abbott strategically in the industry and community
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Provides insight to the business unit on how to best develop and leverage Supplier capabilities for the organization(s).
- Primary point of contact for overall category needs. Responsible for prioritizing demand globally across the category.
- Focus area is under the facilities service category.
- Understands and contributes to the business unit strategy, based on the specific business and technology expertise, and translates business strategy for category.
- Leads change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports change and take risks. Promotes a Global Perspective.
- Define and champion category procurement stratgegy for Abbott- align with overall stratgegy and be an enabler
- Drive Total Cost of Ownership reductions for category. Clearly define category taxonomy and manage baseline
- Coordinate across corporate, functions, divisions to share best practices and adherence to guidelines.
- Understands the overall needs of multiple business units and to negotiate an accepted portfolio meeting the most strategic needs of the category.
- Measure and track internal performance for Abbott users.
- Advise business unit(s) about similar strategies employed by other healthcare companies.
- Manage initiatives that span virtual teams across the world and cross cultures.
- Influence and partner with business leaders (Director, Senior Director level) to manage and align the category. Closely collaborate with adjacent business departments to ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Partner and collaborate with key One Procurement staff of other Abbott divisions in order to support cross divisional business initiatives and explore Procurement synergies and efficiencies.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key category vendors as well as counterparts at other Healthcare/Consumer companies. Manage ongoing Supplier relationships.
- Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category
- Initiate a collaborative environment among stakeholders
- Maintain a strong relationship across various functions, demonstrate the value-add of leveraging and build enthusiasm and support for adoption.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service
- Monitor market dynamics for category across regions
- Continually look for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Manage category projects across business unit, and division wide when and where applicable. Participate in business projects based on category expertise.
- Lead project teams responsible for selection of category strategy. Responsible for people leadership. Recruit, mentor, train and develop talent.
- Confronts and deals with people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promotes cohesive attitude.
- Execute against established staffing/resources plan.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Operates with goals set by the Divisional Vice President/Senior Director of Category,
- Erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to complete projects critical to major objectives of category. Has direct impact on budgets, expenses and major project completion.
- Key Organizational Relationships: Corporate head of Procurement, Commercial Head of Divisions, Manufacturing Head of Divisions, Functional Heads ex: head of IT, head of Legal, Division Purchasing leadership, Division commercial and operations stakeholders, Core and Lead Agents
Direct Budget Responsibility
- Financial implications of the Spend up to $ 50-100MM. Cumulative Category budgets ranging up to $1-2 Million.
- Spend: up to $50-100 Million
- Suppliers 500-750
- Connections within business: 5-10
- Span of control: global
- BA or equivalent experience required: MBA preferred
- Successful, 7+ year track record within procurement and supply chain management.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar certification desirable. Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification desirable
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- 6 -8 years of Procurement and/or deep Category experience. Some functional experience.
- Good organizational skills, including program/project management governance.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills.
- International experience
- Knowledge of markets by regions
- Experience with Supplier management
- Ability to develop actionable implementation plans
- Relevant business process knowledge, as related to Procurement and Category Management.
- Knowledge of category technologies and products.
- Strong influence and negotiating skills.
- Strong experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.