Job Description - Quality Lead (ATE0004IW)
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
Business Unit Description:
The Nuclear New Build (NNB) team are the Programme Management Partner for the Client at Hinkley Point C.
This dynamic Team provide support to Buildings & Civils:
- Project Management & delivery of Building and Civil Work on the main construction site:
2.Balance of Plant
- Specific work packages include:
2.Main Civil Works
5.Project management & co-ordination of multi-disciplinary team to deliver scope
Hinkley Point C is a nuclear site, based in West Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater. The NNB ambition is to build two major EPR nuclear plants.
The first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, create thousands of jobs and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project’s construction value is predicted to go to UK companies. There are currently over 3,100 workers on site.
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, Hinkley Point C will make a major contribution to the UK’s move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or 600 million tonnes over its 60-year lifespan.
The Programme Quality Leads (QLs) are responsible for supporting the Quality Delivery Manager (QDM) and their respective Multi Discipline Teams (MDTs) by the provision of quality management subject matter expertise, fully supporting project delivery teams to meet their objectives.
- Under the leadership of their QDM their primary purpose is to secure the supply-chain’s adherence to the contracted quality requirements within their respective Programmes and Projects.
- Their secondary purpose is to support the QDM, Programme Director and their Programme in achieving adherence with the HPC Project-wide quality arrangements, putting in place additional project-specific arrangements as required and managing quality for all activities within the scope of the programme.
- The post holder will work in close collaboration with all other project functions and the supply chain to ensure that project quality is delivered consistently (safely, efficiently and right first time) compliant with the Quality & Learning Function (Q&L) manual, respecting Nuclear Safety as paramount at all times.
Nature and Scope:
The post holder will be a direct report to the Quality Delivery Manager within the HPC Project Team and as such will fulfil a key role to ensure compliance and maintenance with quality arrangements across all aspects of project execution.
The Quality Leads are accountable to the Quality Delivery Manager for the following:
- Delivering the day-to-day quality management activities requested by the Project Managers, in line with the general directions given by the Quality Delivery Manager, the Project and Programme objectives, and in accordance with the applicable Project procedural arrangements, Project needs and agreed personal objectives;
- Implement the QEP within their Programme to plan and record the reviews and checks they undertake to provide quality oversight and assurance that quality is delivered by the supply chain and the MDT, efficiently and in accordance with specified requirements;
- Support the production and application of the Programme Quality Delivery Arrangements Plan.
- Identifying the need for Programme-specific quality arrangements and tools in addition to the HPC Project standard quality arrangements and supporting their development and implementation with contractors and across the MDTs;
- Reviewing and accepting CQAPs provided by the supply chain and ensuring their controlled availability;
- Reviewing ITPs submitted by the suppliers, checking that they are fit for purpose from a quality perspective and have been correctly distributed to the relevant internal parties for review and mark-up of the activities they wish to witness;
- Reviewing the correct implementation of the Review & Accept Project Deliverables process, ITPs and QRC through checks on EPFM, on-going communication with the entities responsible for surveillance activities and, on a case-by-case basis, oversight of such surveillance in the locations where it is executed;
- Reviewing manufacturing / site surveillance programmes / plans documented by the responsible entities to ensure that a satisfactory approach is adopted that is relevant to cover the risks identified;
- Supporting the agreement of surveillance strategies with expert functions for items not covered by standard surveillance programmes;
- Supporting the determination and application of strategies for the progressive provision of Life Time Quality Records (LTQR) by contractors;
- Support the review and acceptance of End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR), End of Construction Status Reports (ECSR) and End of Erection Status Reports (EESR).
- Supporting the monitoring of the management of non-conformances by the subject matter experts;
- Responsible for Process and Preventative NCRs including providing categorisation and trend analysis by root cause, and providing oversight of their resolution and subsequent implementation of lessons learned;
- Posting learning reports on the NNB HPC Project learning system to identify areas for improvement;
- Recommending to QDM the raising of Supplier Audit Requests (SAR) to the Quality Audit team where quality risks are identified within the supply chain that require an independent oversight;
- Supporting Quality Auditors in the prompt resolution of audit findings within the supply chain and the MDT;
- As and when required and at the direction of the Quality Delivery Manager complete tactical audits on the Programme and Supply chain in accordance with audit process. Manage the resultant findings to conclusion.
- Supporting the effective Participation in Programme and Project risk & opportunity reviews including lessons learnt reviews;
- Leading and /or participating in investigations related to quality issues;
- Providing regular reports to their respective QDM and MDTs, on:
o the delivery of quality by the supply chain and the MDT;
o summarising the outcomes of the personal activities and actions;
o the status of non-conformances;
o supply chain readiness and performance;
o provide input to the QDMs weekly quality report to the Programme Director and the Head of Quality and
Learning and attend the weekly reviews as invited;
o Support the production of the monthly quality report content for inclusion on the Programme Monthly
- Providing quality management induction to new members of their Programme MDTs at the time of their on-boarding and maintaining an up to date awareness of quality requirements across the supply chain and the MDT, at the request of the QDM.
- As an embedded member of the Programme the QL will provide support and leadership on the application of quality within projects/contracts as directed by the QDM to ensure both consistency and compliance.
- Ensuring quality arrangements are in place to affect the safe, efficient and right first-time delivery of the project activities undertaken by the MDT from inception through to operational handover.
- Ensuring that Contractor Quality Assurance Plans (CQAP) deliver the requirements of their contracts.
- To provide input to management reports on the delivery of quality within the MDT.
- To support the non-conformance process to ensure timely closure of reports and to ensure learning is maximised.
- Working with other functions in NNB to deliver an effective audit programme and effective supplier qualification.
- Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
- Note2: Based on Client site at HPC Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
- Note3: Travel and Subsistence for non-locals would be considered for this role
- Note4: There is no parking available at HPC site. Free buses are supplied from either Bristol City Centre or from the Park & Ride facilities located off the M5 Junction 23 & 24
- Note5: Please provide proposed travel plan to Bristol to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this application
- Should have competence, knowledge & experience gained from a specific engineering discipline, preferably qualified to HND level as a minimum.
- Significant experience in delivering major projects, preferably in the nuclear power sector, with significant focus on project quality, and with a specific engineering discipline expert knowledge.
- Ability to define efficient and effective Quality systems from first principles and influenced by best practice.
- Position requires a dynamic individual who is a team player and has a solid understanding of the Quality processes in major projects across engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Strong awareness of working in an international Quality environment.
- Significant experience in ensuring compliance with National and International standards such as GS-R-3, ISO 9001, ISO19443
- Ability to influence the Quality aspects of complex contractor and subcontractor supplier relationships nationally and internationally.
- Ability and knowledge to be able to analyse the business and to optimise standards.
- Ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Should have major project experience, preferably having project management qualification.
- Should possess a recognised Quality qualification and accreditation.
- Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative across a broad range of issues to drive performance against all dimensions of the quality systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS office proficient.
- English fluent – written & verbal.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.
- French language – written & verbal.
- The ability to innovate and think laterally in delivering efficient and effective quality systems.
- Good judgement and decision making
- Enthusiasm, energy, passion and conviction
- Self-confident and assured
- Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest – respecting confidentiality
- Getting results and making things happen
- Ability to influence with both internal (within EDF Energy Plc and EDF Group) and external audiences as required
- Engaging and motivating others.
- Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
- BPSS level security clearance required
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Primary Location:United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Somerset
Job Posting:Sep 30, 2019, 6:44:29 PM