Linux Systems Administrator
Location:Reston, VA US
Minimum Clearance:TS/SCI with Polygraph
Job DescriptionWhat You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration, and Tier 3 administration support in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (e.g., Red Hat and CentOS)
- Providing technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
- Assisting in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Providing operational pager and/or phone duty support
- Completing day-to-day operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks
- Performing operating systems software updates, upgrades, and patches
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets, including server failures, full systems outages, and troubleshooting
- Assisting in server maintenance and special projects during extended work hours
- Supporting the customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline
- Assessing server loads and working with technical leads on developing tuning recommendations
- Additional duties, as assigned
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Linux engineering experience in Red Hat, CentOS, or other Linux variants
- Job related experience or high level proficiency in Linux and/or Unix
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Puppet, Foreman, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Centrify
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, and/or Bash
- Job related experience and/or high level proficiency in Linux automation tools
Candidate must have one of the following:
- 10 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
- 8 Years of job related experience and Associate’s degree
- 4-7 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
- 3 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
- 2 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
- Linux related (e.g., Linux+, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), etc.)
- Linux automation tools (e.g., Puppet, Foreman, etc.)
Work Hours: 8-10 hour shift; team must cover 6:00AM – 6:00PM; may be after hours requirements
Location: Herndon, VA
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Reston-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.