Niskayuna, New York, United States
Role Summary:The Senior FP&A Operations Manager will lead the Finance relationship with the GE Research Business Program Office, own the GE Research revenue estimate, analysis and reporting process, and support specific Technical Discipline Leaders as their Operational FP&A analyst.
Essential Responsibilities:Additionally, you will…
- Partner with the Business Program Managers providing financial analysis and thoughtful strategic insights
- Partner with finance/operations to reconcile Business funded/unfunded projects and lead closure on issues/communication
- Build and maintain various forecasting models, including creating all appropriate model communication (reporting, tracking vs. forecast)
- Analyze variances vs. plan to identify improvement opportunities
- Work cross-functionally, including with Business Program Managers, Technical Discipline Leaders and Managers, Accounting, Product Management and leadership to develop and implement useful analysis and reporting
- Define and maintain reporting requirements and revenue linkage
- Understand and communicate key risks and opportunities for both the income statement (revenue, operating costs) and balance sheet (cashflow)
- Ensure the accuracy of the GE Research financial results and anticipate the effect of relevant systems and procedures on FP&A processes by applying knowledge of accounting, finance and business processes, and work to simplify processes accordingly
- Enhance understanding of comprehensive business metrics and variance drivers across GE Research
- Drive financial modeling improvements in the planning and forecasting models to enhance process efficiency, support new initiatives and to accurately capture the changing economics or structure of the business
- Performs ad hoc analysis for executives as required
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data, both independently and with the direction of the CFO/FP&A manager and internal customers, and employ creative data analysis to identify new business insights
- Create daily/weekly/monthly reporting that communicates changes to key metrics and recommends appropriate actions
- Adapt to changes in scope and/or schedule
- Be an expert at anticipation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in increasingly complex Finance positions.
- FMP/XLP/CAS experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Experience in forecasting, proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills required
- Ability to deliver insightful, accurate and timely work product and communicate the results to constituents of varying financial aptitude
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Confident in forming and communicating data-driven insights and opinions
- Team player, self-starter, and inquisitive
- Demonstrated comfort working in a matrix environment
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.