Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for an independently motivated Account Manager to service and drive our Women’s Apparel business with one of our top customers – Academy Sports & Outdoors. This position will be based out of our Katy, TX. office location.
What does Under Armour give me?
- Ownership. Own your position.
- Innovation. Never hear again, “this is how we’ve always done it.”
- Responsibility. Your position makes an impact, everyday.
- Challenges. We are a high growth, high energy company.
What will I do at Under Armour?Key Accountabilities
- Using strong business acumen and retail math abilities drive the top and bottom line number for the account.
- Drive account growth and profitability by assessing and building on areas of momentum, capitalize on product/pricing opportunities and course correct with innovative sales tactics to improve sales performance with account
- Develop strategic sales plans that incorporate specific account insight and goals to achieve sales and profitability targets that align with brand and category objectives
- Lead sell in and sell through for account in collaboration with marketing and retail activation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships built on respect with account, consistently delivering a high level of customer service
- Work cross functionally across the organization.
- Produce and deliver accurate and reliable quarterly forecasts on or before deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments (i.e. customer service, marketing, etc).
- Manage, track and resolve all customer compliance issues regarding freight claims, charge-backs, shipping violations and returns.
Knowledge Skills And Abilities
- 3-5 years of account management experience. Heavy focus on financial foecasting and strategic business development.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes. This includes margins, retail math, forecast/projections,
- Ability to portray a confident and winning attitude in challenging business interactions.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external contacts.
- Agile communication skills with internal and external business partners. The ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles.
- Efficient organization and planning skills. Must use effective time management skills and prioritize to complete deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills. Effectiveness in a variety of formal presentation settings within and outside of the company. The ability to command attention and manage group process during the presentation.
- Strong problem solving ability. Able to develop solutions to situations before and as they arise. Anticipates issues and devise "suggested" solutions before proceeding.
- Ability to build relationships founded in respect and trust through an understanding of their business metrics.
- Ability to diplomatically fight for the brand to create win win resolution with retailers.
- A strong understanding of retail sales practices, and the ability to lay out practical and logical assortment plans based on retail space, inventory turn, and sell through.
- General knowledge of competitive set and the consistently changing retail environment.
- Technical proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
What else do I get?
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Amazing company culture and team environment
- Guard rails to work between, NOT a BOX.
- Opportunity to help make history with a proven industry leader
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.