Working hours: 10 hours a week
Application deadline: 2019-08-30T23:59:59.0000000
Do you want to combine your theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering with practical experience and solve challenging tasks in an inspiring environment?
Join us – as soon as possible – and become Student Assistant in Offshore Cable Installation – Project Development where you’ll influence decisions and handle tasks on your own, thereby contributing with your knowledge and expertise. Your primary tasks will be to assist in performing overall analyses, recommendation and optimisation of installation and logistic concepts.
The Offshore Cable Installation department is part of Construction under EPC, delivering installation of wind farms globally. The department consists of skilled and dedicated people providing project management competences and specialist competences for technical cable installation during all stages of the projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- assist the engineering team by analysing and recommending installation spread procedures prior to and during installation
- support the construction project by cooperating with the contractor’s engineering department and the marine warranty surveyors
- assist in creating and maintaining an overview of the different static and dynamic influences to be accounted for with regard to cable installation solutions
- assist in developing cable installation guidelines and incorporate lessons learned into new designs and solutions.
Your competences include that you
- are currently studying for your master’s degree in mechanical engineering – or have just graduated from your bachelor’s programme
- have studied hydrodynamics or wave dynamics
- have worked with mechanics – and understand the strength of materials – during your studies
- are able to perform basic programming (e.g. MATLAB, VBA)
- can prove a strong track record in logical problem-solving and technical report writing in English.
Furthermore, analytical skills (including finite element analysis) will be greatly advantageous.
Working at ØrstedOur vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Richard Anwasi, Senior Specialist in Offshore Cable Installation, by telephone on +45 99 55 42 21 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You’ll work approximately 10 hours a week depending on our needs and your study plan.