PR Executive (12mth maternity cover)
- Country: UK
- Location: London
- Job ID: 10124
- Area of Interest: Marketing
- Department: Global Marketing (UK1)
- Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Job DescriptionBecome part of the Team
The global marketing team helps PA consultants raise their profile and generate business development opportunities by:
- ensuring existing and prospect clients have a consistent understanding of PA and its work
- increasing the quality and seniority of PA’s client relationships by tailoring strategies, propositions and communications
- using media coverage to engage with clients and prospects.
This role is part of a team which is responsible for the implementation of PR initiatives, to build PA’s profile with national and specialist media in PA’s target sectors and services, in its largest region of operation.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Media research: identify key target journalists in national, trade, online and broadcast media and track their editorial interests
- PR campaigns: support the PR Managers in working with the sector and service marketing teams and consultants on PR campaigns. Responsible for researching the media landscape – e.g. target press and journalists through traditional data bases and social media channels and incorporating PA thought leadership plans into PR plans
- Press office: monitor media coverage, sharing PA coverage across the business in a timely way
- Media monitoring: identifying possible issues for PA to comment on
- PR activity plans: keep up to date sector/service PR plans. Responsible for identifying external response opportunities, forward features, list of spokespeople and target media.
- Internal promotion: ensure UK PR materials are available to the consulting teams to use for business development activity – this includes ensuring media coverage is posted on the website and on social media platform, updating media coverage on internal digital screens, preparing weekly emails on coverage achieved etc.
- Social media: closely tracking VIP journalists
- Media training: organise bespoke media training for key consultant spokespeople on a regular basis. Manage the identification and prioritisation of spokespeople
- Global PR team: support the global PR team on day to day queries e.g. website, reporting and internal marketing
- Reporting: produce the monthly global PR report which highlights results by country and sector. Ensure all media coverage is logged in a timely way. Responsible for coordinating input for ad hoc reporting requests from the marketing and wider business
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Job RequirementsWe are looking for a highly organised self-starter with ideally two years’ experience in a media relations role. Ideally, in a professional services organisation but this is not essential.
Working alongside the Global Head of PR and Corporate Affairs, PR Managers, PA’s Marketing team, and external journalists and press organisations, this role requires someone with excellent writing skills, the ability to identify potential media stories, review content and produce a clear and compelling narrative.
You should have good networking skills to develop new relationships and be proactive about finding solutions to problems. You should have a hands-on approach and be able to hit the ground running.
About PA Consulting Group
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- FTC cash benefit
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.