Job DescriptionJob Number: R0046119
Windows System Administrator
Work as part of an integrated project team supporting the National Capital Region's integrated air defense system. Assist with the operation, administration, and maintenance of multiple Windows networks. Perform Tier II and III system administration on desktop computers and servers through the installation and upgrade of production servers, hardware, operating systems, applications, and patches, participate in installing and maintaining systems, monitor and analyze system logs and perform troubleshooting, as needed, and participate in evaluating vendor specifications and securing quotations for hardware and software purchases. Assist with managing property inventory, including software, hardware purchases, and licenses and author documents. Perform system administration activities to meet or maintain accreditation requirements, as required, meet system requirements for availability and functionality, analyze network and system activity and performance to identify potential network issues or inefficiencies, and develop and implement corrective actions. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- 3+ years of experience with maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting Dell servers operating Windows OS in mission critical production environments
- 3+ years of experience with system enterprise network architectures, and topologies, the design, research, development, and implementation of network solutions, and the resolution of networking issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze Windows configuration to solve technical complex issues, offer alternative solutions, and make timely, logical decisions for problem resolution
- Ability to work as part of team maintaining multiple systems
- Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- DoD 8570 Level II Certification, including CompTIA Security+
- Experience with RMF, ACAS, and STIG’s
- Experience with REMEDY, SharePoint, and automated IT office systems
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Cisco and Linux OS
- Experience with providing a 24/7 tiered escalation support model
- Possession of excellent customer service skills, including on the phone, e-mail, chat, and in person
- BA or BS degree in CS or Technology
- Microsoft Certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.